Medics took the unidentified man in his mid-50s to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
A bicyclist near Interbay was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after a head-on crash with a vehicle about 5:30 p.m. Monday evening, officials said.
Medics took the unidentified man in his mid-50s to Harborview Medical Center, the Seattle Fire Department reported on Twitter. The crash occurred at West Galer Street Flyover and Elliott Avenue West.
The cyclist was traveling southbound on Elliott Avenue West and collided with a northbound SUV, according to a Seattle Police Department news release published Tuesday morning. The wreck took place in the northbound lane of Elliott Avenue West, SPD spokesman Mark Jamieson said.
Authorities temporarily closed the area, which is near Elliott Bay Trail, as detectives from the the department’s Traffic Collision Investigation Squard are investigating the crash.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap
The SUV driver was evaluated for signs of drug and alcohol use at the scene of the collision. The driver was found not to be impaired by a drug recognition expert, police said.