Medics took the unidentified man in his mid-50s to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
A bicyclist near Interbay was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after a head-on crash with a vehicle about 5:30 p.m. Monday evening, officials said.
Medics took the unidentified man in his mid-50s to Harborview Medical Center, the Seattle Fire Department reported on Twitter. The crash occurred at West Galer Street Flyover and Elliott Avenue West.
The cyclist was traveling southbound on Elliott Avenue West and collided with a northbound SUV, according to a Seattle Police Department news release published Tuesday morning. The wreck took place in the northbound lane of Elliott Avenue West, SPD spokesman Mark Jamieson said.
Authorities temporarily closed the area, which is near Elliott Bay Trail, as detectives from the the department’s Traffic Collision Investigation Squard are investigating the crash.
Most Read Stories
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
The SUV driver was evaluated for signs of drug and alcohol use at the scene of the collision. The driver was found not to be impaired by a drug recognition expert, police said.