Medics took the unidentified man in his mid-50s to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
A bicyclist near Interbay was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after a head-on crash with a vehicle about 5:30 p.m. Monday evening, officials said.
Medics took the unidentified man in his mid-50s to Harborview Medical Center, the Seattle Fire Department reported on Twitter. The crash occurred at West Galer Street Flyover and Elliott Avenue West.
The cyclist was traveling southbound on Elliott Avenue West and collided with a northbound SUV, according to a Seattle Police Department news release published Tuesday morning. The wreck took place in the northbound lane of Elliott Avenue West, SPD spokesman Mark Jamieson said.
Authorities temporarily closed the area, which is near Elliott Bay Trail, as detectives from the the department’s Traffic Collision Investigation Squard are investigating the crash.
Most Read Stories
- Update: 'Many' renters interested in parking space-sized $750 unit with no door for toilet
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- ‘A fairly messy situation’: 2-4 inches of snow could fall Thursday in Seattle area
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
- Seattle snowfall: What to expect and when in Western Washington
The SUV driver was evaluated for signs of drug and alcohol use at the scene of the collision. The driver was found not to be impaired by a drug recognition expert, police said.