Best Bets for Bumbershoot on Sunday, Sept. 6.
Bumbershoot 2009, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. today and Monday, Seattle Center. Tickets: $50 per day; available at gates starting at 10:30 a.m. daily. Tickets include access to all programs on a first-come, first-served basis. Free passes — available first-come, first-served — are required for admission to Mainstage evening shows. Tickets available at the gate or Ticketmaster outlets
For complete schedule and information, see Friday’s Ticket section or seattletimes.com.
Wise Fool New Mexico: As you wander around in the afternoon, keep your eyes peeled for this troupe’s Flexion performance, featuring five acrobats on stilts who roll, bend and split while using a free-standing aerial rig (2, 3:45 and 6 p.m., International Fountain Lawn).
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
The Best of Seattle International Comedy Competition 30-year anniversary: See past winners of this long-running tournament, which attracts comedians from around the world (3 p.m., Comedy Stage West).
S.E. Hinton: You’ve read “The Outsiders” and “Rumble Fish.” Now listen to the young-adult writer speak (3:30 p.m., Bagley Wright Theatre).
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Indie, punk, dance, whatever. Listen to them live and make up your mind, or don’t (2:30 p.m., Mainstage).
Michael Franti & Spearhead (7:15 p.m.) and Jason Mraz (9:15 p.m.): Sample Franti’s soulful R&B mix or Mraz’s easygoing pop (Mainstage).
Seattle Times staff