A Bellingham purse-snatching couple will spend time behind bars after ripping an elderly woman's purse off her shoulder outside a local mall.
A Bellingham purse-snatching couple will spend time behind bars after ripping an elderly woman’s purse off her shoulder outside a local mall.
Whatcom County Superior Court Judge Ira Uhrig ordered Misty Lee Dolan, who had previous convictions for theft and forgery, to serve 43 months in prison.
The Bellingham Herald reports ( http://is.gd/Kswxfq) her boyfriend, Manuel Valenzuela, who had far fewer prior convictions, was sentenced to six months.
According to court papers, a 78-year-old woman had her purse snatched as she was getting into her car outside of Target on April 22.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
Police officers caught up with the couple in June. Valenzuela confessed, saying the crime was done on an impulse.
Both defendants pleaded guilty this week to theft in the first degree.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com