A Bellingham purse-snatching couple will spend time behind bars after ripping an elderly woman's purse off her shoulder outside a local mall.
A Bellingham purse-snatching couple will spend time behind bars after ripping an elderly woman’s purse off her shoulder outside a local mall.
Whatcom County Superior Court Judge Ira Uhrig ordered Misty Lee Dolan, who had previous convictions for theft and forgery, to serve 43 months in prison.
The Bellingham Herald reports ( http://is.gd/Kswxfq) her boyfriend, Manuel Valenzuela, who had far fewer prior convictions, was sentenced to six months.
According to court papers, a 78-year-old woman had her purse snatched as she was getting into her car outside of Target on April 22.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
Most Read Stories
Police officers caught up with the couple in June. Valenzuela confessed, saying the crime was done on an impulse.
Both defendants pleaded guilty this week to theft in the first degree.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com