A Bellingham purse-snatching couple will spend time behind bars after ripping an elderly woman's purse off her shoulder outside a local mall.
A Bellingham purse-snatching couple will spend time behind bars after ripping an elderly woman’s purse off her shoulder outside a local mall.
Whatcom County Superior Court Judge Ira Uhrig ordered Misty Lee Dolan, who had previous convictions for theft and forgery, to serve 43 months in prison.
The Bellingham Herald reports ( http://is.gd/Kswxfq) her boyfriend, Manuel Valenzuela, who had far fewer prior convictions, was sentenced to six months.
According to court papers, a 78-year-old woman had her purse snatched as she was getting into her car outside of Target on April 22.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Police officers caught up with the couple in June. Valenzuela confessed, saying the crime was done on an impulse.
Both defendants pleaded guilty this week to theft in the first degree.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com