A man wanted as a bank-robbery suspect held Seattle police at bay for about six hours at a North Seattle motel before surrendering shortly after 7 p.m. Sunday, police said.
Earlier, police negotiators got a woman who had been with the man out of a possible hostage situation about 5 p.m. Sunday. Police took her into custody on a separate warrant.
Police went to the motel at North 133rd Street and Stone Avenue North about 1 p.m. Sunday to arrest a man suspected of robbing a KeyBank branch April 11 and fleeing on a bike. Officers learned the man was sharing a room with the woman — also wanted on a misdemeanor warrant — and called for more officers.
The man told police he was holding the woman hostage, and the floor where he was staying was evacuated and SWAT and bomb-squad units and negotiators brought in.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
The man came out on his own and was to be booked into jail, police said.