Karina Ulriksen-Schulte, who was critically injured along with her newborn son in a March 25 crash involving a suspected drunken driver, is still in serious condition in the intensive-care unit at Harborview Medical Center, according to hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg.
Her son, Elias, was moved out of the intensive-care unit on Tuesday, according to an online journal (www.caringbridge.org/visit/karinaandelias/journal) chronicling their healing process.
Gregg said Elias also is in serious condition.
“Both are stable, but still have a long road ahead of them,” Gregg said.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
According to the Caring Bridge journal, 1-month-old Elias is now breathing on his own and getting his voice back after a tube was removed.