Karina Ulriksen-Schulte, who was critically injured along with her newborn son in a March 25 crash involving a suspected drunken driver, is still in serious condition in the intensive-care unit at Harborview Medical Center, according to hospital spokeswoman Susan Gregg.
Her son, Elias, was moved out of the intensive-care unit on Tuesday, according to an online journal (www.caringbridge.org/visit/karinaandelias/journal) chronicling their healing process.
Gregg said Elias also is in serious condition.
“Both are stable, but still have a long road ahead of them,” Gregg said.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
Most Read Stories
According to the Caring Bridge journal, 1-month-old Elias is now breathing on his own and getting his voice back after a tube was removed.