Cop fires at driver aiming for him
Police say an officer fired several shots at a woman who tried to run him over Sunday afternoon, at a motel along Tukwila International Boulevard.
The officer, who was on patrol, saw a stolen pickup and followed it to the 14400 block of the boulevard, where the incident happened.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Despite the gunfire, the driver, a 31-year-old Seattle woman, kept driving and sped north on the boulevard, police said.
While turning onto northbound Highway 599, the car hit another car, and the woman ran away, where officers caught her, police said. She was taken to Valley Medical Center for minor injuries and would be booked into jail, police said.
A 25-year-old Tukwila man in the pickup, as well as three people in the car that was hit, were not injured. Highway 599 was closed in late afternoon as the State Patrol investigated. It reopened Sunday evening.
Woman in ICU after attack
A woman walking home from work at 5 a.m. Friday morning was the victim of an attempted abduction. The victim was in intensive care at Tacoma General hospital.
She suffered a bruised lung and several broken bones. The woman had left her job when she noticed a man in a truck was following her. She ran away, but the truck hit her. The man attempted to pull her into his truck, but she punched him in the face. A witness yelled at the man, and he then drove away.
The suspect is described as having a dark complexion and being 6 feet tall with a slim build and short, curly hair. He was driving a dark-blue ’90s Chevy pickup that may have a broken back window.
Times staff and wire news services