The Seattle Animal Shelter will be closed Thursday in observance of the Fourth of July.
The shelter asks that if you find a stray animal on the holiday to care for it until Friday, when the administrative offices and field services will be open.
The following veterinary hospitals will be open for emergency care for an injured animal:
• Animal Critical Care & Emergency Services, 11536 Lake City Way N.E., Seattle, 206-364-1660
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
Most Read Stories
• Emerald City Emergency Clinic, 4102 Stone Way N., Seattle, 206-634-9000
Humane law-enforcement officers will not be available Thursday, so any life-threatening situations involving both a human and an animal should be reported to the Seattle Police Department.
The shelter’s regular hours are Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.