The Seattle Animal Shelter will be closed Thursday in observance of the Fourth of July.
The shelter asks that if you find a stray animal on the holiday to care for it until Friday, when the administrative offices and field services will be open.
The following veterinary hospitals will be open for emergency care for an injured animal:
• Animal Critical Care & Emergency Services, 11536 Lake City Way N.E., Seattle, 206-364-1660
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Live updates from May Day 2016 in Seattle
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks' undrafted free agent signings
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
Most Read Stories
• Emerald City Emergency Clinic, 4102 Stone Way N., Seattle, 206-634-9000
Humane law-enforcement officers will not be available Thursday, so any life-threatening situations involving both a human and an animal should be reported to the Seattle Police Department.
The shelter’s regular hours are Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.