The Seattle Animal Shelter will be closed Thursday in observance of the Fourth of July.
The shelter asks that if you find a stray animal on the holiday to care for it until Friday, when the administrative offices and field services will be open.
The following veterinary hospitals will be open for emergency care for an injured animal:
• Animal Critical Care & Emergency Services, 11536 Lake City Way N.E., Seattle, 206-364-1660
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Rain-soaked Seattle has nation's highest water bills
Most Read Stories
• Emerald City Emergency Clinic, 4102 Stone Way N., Seattle, 206-634-9000
Humane law-enforcement officers will not be available Thursday, so any life-threatening situations involving both a human and an animal should be reported to the Seattle Police Department.
The shelter’s regular hours are Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.