The Seattle Animal Shelter will be closed Thursday in observance of the Fourth of July.
The shelter asks that if you find a stray animal on the holiday to care for it until Friday, when the administrative offices and field services will be open.
The following veterinary hospitals will be open for emergency care for an injured animal:
• Animal Critical Care & Emergency Services, 11536 Lake City Way N.E., Seattle, 206-364-1660
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
• Emerald City Emergency Clinic, 4102 Stone Way N., Seattle, 206-634-9000
Humane law-enforcement officers will not be available Thursday, so any life-threatening situations involving both a human and an animal should be reported to the Seattle Police Department.
The shelter’s regular hours are Wednesday through Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.