Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire used Twitter to react to Gary Locke's nomination as ambassador to China. Gregoire says, "Good for our country. Great for our state."
Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire used Twitter to react to Gary Locke’s nomination as ambassador to China. Gregoire says, “Good for our country. Great for our state.”
Port of Seattle Commission President Bill Bryant also sees the president’s announcement Wednesday as good for business. He says, “Thousands of jobs all across Washington depend on our trade with China. Locke’s appointment is good news for Washington and for the future of agricultural and manufacturing exports to markets across Asia.”
Sen. Patty Murray praises the appointment, noting, “Washington state is the most trade-dependent state in the nation and China is our most important trading partner.”
Boeing CEO Jim McNerney says he looks forward to working with Locke who has a record of promoting exports and fair trade.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash