Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire used Twitter to react to Gary Locke's nomination as ambassador to China. Gregoire says, "Good for our country. Great for our state."
Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire used Twitter to react to Gary Locke’s nomination as ambassador to China. Gregoire says, “Good for our country. Great for our state.”
Port of Seattle Commission President Bill Bryant also sees the president’s announcement Wednesday as good for business. He says, “Thousands of jobs all across Washington depend on our trade with China. Locke’s appointment is good news for Washington and for the future of agricultural and manufacturing exports to markets across Asia.”
Sen. Patty Murray praises the appointment, noting, “Washington state is the most trade-dependent state in the nation and China is our most important trading partner.”
Boeing CEO Jim McNerney says he looks forward to working with Locke who has a record of promoting exports and fair trade.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure