Top Local Stories
- Fire danger forces closure of forest north of Hwy. 2, east of Cascades
- Experts tell senators U.S. is badly behind on preventing wildfires
- Sea-Tac jammed: ‘Crazy, crazy numbers’ of passengers this year
- Judge to decide which claims can be in civil trial over Oso landslide
- AP sues over access to FBI records involving fake news story
- Biker with ‘Hatred’ tattooed on forehead sought in Tukwila shooting
- Man charged with murder in Magnolia Bridge beating
- Police arrest man after shots fired near Rainier Beach H.S.
Latest Local Stories
The Coast Guard flew an injured fisherman off a boat near San Juan Island on Thursday.
- About 67 percent of Washington toddlers vaccinated on time
- Kapowsin Meats recalls pork from Washington, Oregon, Alaska
- Several I-5 exits in Tacoma to close for construction
- For students with learning disabilities, real life often is more satisfying than high school, study suggests
- Roadside brush fire in Mason County burns roughly 50 acres
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
AP sues over use of its brand in sting operation to catch teenage bomb-threat suspect.
Local News Photography
The mobile-home trap
Recent Video Stories
State health officials say just 67 percent of Washington toddlers get all their vaccinations on time.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.