Top Local Stories
- Police report: Wild Waves lifeguard didn’t believe kids who reported body in pool
- Lawsuit over fireline seeks to curb forest firefighting tactics
- Wildfires in Spokane region grow, destroy more than a dozen homes
- UW student accused of killing 3 at Mukilteo house party pleads not guilty
- As National Park Service turns 100, Seattle ranger personifies change
- Sound Transit’s cost overruns for first phase hit about 86 percent | Times Watchdog
- Megaproject expert: Transit-cost estimates getting more realistic
- Fire crews hope weather will help battle Yakama Reservation blaze
Latest Local Stories
- After drowning, public-health officials investigating Wild Waves
- Seattle elephant Bamboo attacked, bitten at new home in Oklahoma
- Seattle cop accused of perjury in trial of man wrongly convicted of Illinois girl’s murder
- More Washington cases of deadly birth defect, but rate may be lower
- Has presidential race divided your family, friends? We’d like to know
Most Read Stories
- Seattle could open housing for homeless where it’s OK to use heroin
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson, Ciara reportedly moved wedding due to North Carolina's transgender bathroom law
- TV company stare down means fewer games for Seahawks fans | Inside Sports Business
- Police report: Wild Waves lifeguard didn't believe kids who reported body in pool
- Total solar eclipse, a year away, already creating buzz
No injuries were reported in the rollover crash.
Recent Special Reports
- Man killed when car crashes through fence, plunges into retention pond in Newcastle
- Backyard Chicken Pageant: pride, plumage — and Beyoncé VIEW
- New Bellevue football booster club to hold fundraiser amid sanctions | Times Watchdog
- Sentencing delayed for man found guilty of killing girlfriend in Bellevue after mistaken release from prison
Brock Turner, a former Stanford University swimmer who in June was sentenced to six months in jail for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman behind a dumpster on campus, blamed “party culture and risk-taking behavior” for his actions.
Recent Video Stories
- Smaller households among Seattle renters mean they aren’t yet in the majority | FYI Guy
- Does Trump have a shot at winning state, given its number of working-class white men? | FYI Guy
- Enthusiasm for carpooling stalls amid shifting lifestyles, options for getting around | FYI Guy
- How racially diverse is your school? Use our interactive to find out | FYI Guy
- Man on motorcycle sprays Oregon businesses with gunfire
- Barricaded man in police custody after 6-hour standoff in South Seattle
- Man arrested in brass-knuckle attack outside Sodo strip club
- Police: Driver in stolen van tries to run down Mount Vernon cop
- Medical investigators ID victims of 2 shootings at Kent homeless camp
Local News Photography
Officials with Public Health - Seattle & King County, which issues permits to such facilities, are examining the park’s “environmental conditions,” which include its water quality and how lifeguards operate.
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — The Burt's Bees founder pushing for a new national park in Maine has given 87,500 acres of land to the U.S. government. On Aug. 12, land conservationist Roxanne Quimby signed deeds transferring her nonprofit foundation's land in Maine's Katahdin region to the U.S. Department of the Interior. A DOI spokeswoman said...
A 16-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to the arm in the shooting, police say.
Bamboo, the 49-year-old female elephant moved from Seattle to Oklahoma City last year, has attacked — and been attacked by — her new herd mates. But officials say it’s normal behavior for the animals.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.