Local Top Stories
- Ruth Velozo, a founder of Northwest Harvest, dies at 86
- Inslee asks for federal wildfire aid
- State says idled Bertha may add $78M to its cost for tunnel
- Feds: Accused Russian hacker in SeaTac federal jail may be plotting escape
- Have ideas about school funding? You talk, senators say they’ll listen
- Woman dies after inhaling toxic material in Shelton house fire
- Sequim agrees to pay $35,000 to man punched by police
- New York Times ponders the state of Seattle’s soul
Latest Local Stories
A 20-year-old woman died in a Shelton house fire after inhaling toxic material as the blaze burned Monday night.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
The state says it expects to spend $78 million extra on its own staff, consultants and road work because of tunnel-machine Bertha’s two-year delay, a letter to insurers says.
AMARILLO, Texas (AP) — Four men have pleaded not guilty to charges stemming from a disturbance aboard a Southwest Airlines flight that led to an unscheduled landing in Amarillo, Texas. Jonathan Khalid Petras, Essa Solaqa, Khalid Yohana and Wisam Imad Shaker, all of San Diego, entered their pleas Wednesday before U.S. Magistrate Clinton Averitte in...
Local News Photography
Recent Video Stories
Under new state rules, legal pot businesses who test for pesticides not approved by the state will get an “enhanced seal of approval” that provides consumers with an assurance of safety.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.