The Pierce County medical examiner's office says a 40-year-old woman who died skiing at Crystal Mountain last week died from blunt force trauma.
The Pierce County medical examiner’s office says a 40-year-old woman who died skiing at Crystal Mountain last week died from blunt force trauma.
Resort officials told The News Tribune (http://is.gd/1F4JlG ) an off-duty member of Crystal’s ski patrol found the woman’s body shortly after the Dec. 16 accident, which they confirmed Monday.
The director of Crystal Mountain’s ski patrol says it’s likely she died after running into a tree, but there were no witnesses.
The woman — Ngoc-Han Thi Van — was skiing on a beginner run when she likely lost control and veered off the trail. The ski patrol says she was wearing a helmet and the trail was within her skill set.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
Most Read Stories
Information from: The News Tribune, http://www.thenewstribune.com