Three hospitals in Washington have been named as "top hospitals" in the country by a nonprofit organization.
Three hospitals in Washington have been named as “top hospitals” in the country by the Leapfrog Group, a nonprofit organization funded by large public and private employers seeking to reward the highest performing hospitals.
Swedish Medical Center and Virginia Mason Medical Center were named as top hospitals, a designation given to 67 hospitals across the country with scoring on safety and care issues. For example, scoring includes rates of medical errors, death among patients undergoing high-risk procedures such as heart-bypass surgery and readmissions for patients with conditions such as pneumonia and heart attack.
MultiCare Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center in Tacoma was among 12 top children’s hospitals named by Leapfrog.
For more information: www.leapfroggroup.org/.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's