The Kitsap County sheriff's office reports corrections officers at the Kitsap County Jail in Port Orchard accidentally released two inmates...
PORT ORCHARD — The Kitsap County sheriff’s office reports corrections officers at the Kitsap County Jail in Port Orchard accidentally released two inmates this month.
The office says one of the released inmates was charged with burglary and the other with drug possession.
The office says 24-year-old Michael Zachary Casterline, of Kingston, and 34-year-old Melinda Ann Hill, formerly of Bremerton, were released in error on September 4.
Sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson says Casterline and Hill remain at large. Additional warrants for escaping from jail have been issued.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
Most Read Stories
Wilson says Casterline is charged with burglary and theft, including 22 burglaries on Bainbridge Island between July and October 2006. His bail was set at $86,000.
Wilson says Hill is charged with possession of heroin and possession of methamphetamine. Her bail was set at $70,000.
Wilson says both inmates had last names close to or exactly the same as other inmates who were due to be released. He says the inmates who were due for release on September 4 were let go on time.