Officers were called to the apartment to check on the tenant’s welfare and discovered two people dead on the floor, according to Seattle police.
Homicide detectives are investigating the discovery of two bodies at a Belltown apartment, Seattle police said.
Authorities responded to the complex in the 2200 block of First Avenue at 12:30 p.m. Monday to check on the welfare of the tenant, police wrote in a news release. The genders and ages of the deceased were not available, said Detective Patrick Michaud, a department spokesman.
When officers arrived, they knocked on the apartment’s door and received no response, police said. Building maintenance then let them inside the studio, where they found the two dead on the floor.
“As soon as they walked into the apartment, they immediately backed out,” Michaud said of officers, “and they went and contacted” homicide investigators.
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
It is unclear who originally called police, Michaud said.
The King County Medical Examiner will identify the two and determine the cause and manner of death.
Police ask anyone with information on the case to call 206-233-5000.
No other details were available as of late Monday. Police plan to release an update Tuesday morning, Michaud said.