Officers were called to the apartment to check on the tenant’s welfare and discovered two people dead on the floor, according to Seattle police.
Homicide detectives are investigating the discovery of two bodies at a Belltown apartment, Seattle police said.
Authorities responded to the complex in the 2200 block of First Avenue at 12:30 p.m. Monday to check on the welfare of the tenant, police wrote in a news release. The genders and ages of the deceased were not available, said Detective Patrick Michaud, a department spokesman.
When officers arrived, they knocked on the apartment’s door and received no response, police said. Building maintenance then let them inside the studio, where they found the two dead on the floor.
“As soon as they walked into the apartment, they immediately backed out,” Michaud said of officers, “and they went and contacted” homicide investigators.
- Valve faces suit alleging role in gambling on video games
- Watch: Fan runs onto field in front of fly ball during Mariners-Cardinals game
- ‘Microcosm of the city’: Garfield High principal navigates racial divide
- Blood stains, broken glass at dance studio after shooting
- Arizona authorities say 3 missing women met same man online
Most Read Stories
It is unclear who originally called police, Michaud said.
The King County Medical Examiner will identify the two and determine the cause and manner of death.
Police ask anyone with information on the case to call 206-233-5000.
No other details were available as of late Monday. Police plan to release an update Tuesday morning, Michaud said.