Two bodies found Wednesday in a car submerged in the Snohomish River are believed to be those of a couple missing for more than two weeks, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said.
The car, a red 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage, is similar to the vehicle the couple, Jason J. Dolman and Riza P. Ysulat, were believed to be riding in before they disappeared, said sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton.
A sheriff’s investigator searching for the couple found the submerged car in the 6600 block of Riverview Road near Snohomish.
“(The investigator) had been trying to retrace steps of where they may have driven. Places they may have gone,” Ireton said.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Ireton could not say how the car ended up in the river.
Detectives are fairly confident the remains are those of Dolman, 31, and Ysulat, 36. The bodies will be formally identified by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Dolman and Ysulat, a dating couple, have not been to work since Jan. 8 and their cellphones have been turned off, said Ireton. They left behind medications and other personal items at their homes.
Relatives of Dolman’s and Ysulat’s could not be reached for comment.
Jennifer Sullivan: 206-464-8294 or email@example.com. On Twitter @SeattleSullivan.