BELLINGHAM — The All American Marine shipyard in Bellingham has won a $12 million contract from King County to build two new water taxis.
The 250-passenger catamarans will replace two smaller leased vessels on routes between downtown Seattle and West Seattle and Vashon Island.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/19klDR5) the first ferry should be completed in early 2015 and the second later that year.
About 80 percent of the cost is funded by the Federal Transit Administration.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims