BELLINGHAM — The All American Marine shipyard in Bellingham has won a $12 million contract from King County to build two new water taxis.
The 250-passenger catamarans will replace two smaller leased vessels on routes between downtown Seattle and West Seattle and Vashon Island.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/19klDR5) the first ferry should be completed in early 2015 and the second later that year.
About 80 percent of the cost is funded by the Federal Transit Administration.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father