BELLINGHAM — The All American Marine shipyard in Bellingham has won a $12 million contract from King County to build two new water taxis.
The 250-passenger catamarans will replace two smaller leased vessels on routes between downtown Seattle and West Seattle and Vashon Island.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/19klDR5) the first ferry should be completed in early 2015 and the second later that year.
About 80 percent of the cost is funded by the Federal Transit Administration.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft