BELLINGHAM — The All American Marine shipyard in Bellingham has won a $12 million contract from King County to build two new water taxis.
The 250-passenger catamarans will replace two smaller leased vessels on routes between downtown Seattle and West Seattle and Vashon Island.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/19klDR5) the first ferry should be completed in early 2015 and the second later that year.
About 80 percent of the cost is funded by the Federal Transit Administration.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings