BELLINGHAM — The All American Marine shipyard in Bellingham has won a $12 million contract from King County to build two new water taxis.
The 250-passenger catamarans will replace two smaller leased vessels on routes between downtown Seattle and West Seattle and Vashon Island.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/19klDR5) the first ferry should be completed in early 2015 and the second later that year.
About 80 percent of the cost is funded by the Federal Transit Administration.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival