A small plane carrying two people has crashed in the front yard of a house in Lewis County.
MORTON, Lewis County — A small plane carrying two people crashed Friday evening in the front yard of a house in Morton, Lewis County, southwest of Mount Rainier.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Allen Kenitzer said the Cirrus SR22 went down near Strom Field about 7:15 p.m. One person was killed. The other was in critical condition. KING-TV said the injured person had to be cut from the plane and was taken to Harborview Medical Center.
“As far as we know, no one on the ground was injured,” Kenitzer said. “Thankfully.”
The plane’s registered owner is Washtucna Aviation in Bellevue, according to the FAA Registry. Both the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit