A small plane carrying two people has crashed in the front yard of a house in Lewis County.
MORTON, Lewis County — A small plane carrying two people crashed Friday evening in the front yard of a house in Morton, Lewis County, southwest of Mount Rainier.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Allen Kenitzer said the Cirrus SR22 went down near Strom Field about 7:15 p.m. One person was killed. The other was in critical condition. KING-TV said the injured person had to be cut from the plane and was taken to Harborview Medical Center.
“As far as we know, no one on the ground was injured,” Kenitzer said. “Thankfully.”
The plane’s registered owner is Washtucna Aviation in Bellevue, according to the FAA Registry. Both the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers