A small plane carrying two people has crashed in the front yard of a house in Lewis County.
MORTON, Lewis County — A small plane carrying two people crashed Friday evening in the front yard of a house in Morton, Lewis County, southwest of Mount Rainier.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Allen Kenitzer said the Cirrus SR22 went down near Strom Field about 7:15 p.m. One person was killed. The other was in critical condition. KING-TV said the injured person had to be cut from the plane and was taken to Harborview Medical Center.
“As far as we know, no one on the ground was injured,” Kenitzer said. “Thankfully.”
The plane’s registered owner is Washtucna Aviation in Bellevue, according to the FAA Registry. Both the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Pro Football Focus breaks down the final five Seahawks' draft picks