Top Local Stories
- Virginia Mason failed to properly report ‘superbug’ outbreak, state says
- Seattle lovers lock down their romance at ferry terminal
- As wolves make comeback, cowboys use high-tech tracking to protect cattle
- Schools can — and should — teach more than discipline
- Woman’s leg slashed in boat-propeller accident at Seafair
- Know when to vote: primary election details
- Environmental concerns void Bothell development regulations
- Center founded by Donnie Chin ‘still very angry,’ needs time to grieve
Latest Local Stories
The president’s new clean-power plan released Monday is expected to mean additional momentum to Pacific Northwest efforts already under way to reduce the use of coal-fired electricity.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Impressions from day 3 of Seahawks training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
“It's one thing to swim immediately off the stern of an anchored boat and quite another to swim across an area that is busy with motorboats - too many being operated by those who have been drinking. Don't do it.”
Comment by Sea68 on Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
A SeaTac man accused of groping two girls in the wave pool at Wild Waves Theme Park pleaded not guilty Monday to two counts of child molestation.
Local News Photography
The mobile-home trap
Recent Video Stories
This spring, Jackson County commissioners adopted rules that dispensaries must be at least a half-mile apart — a more stringent standard than an Oregon law requiring dispensaries to be at least 1,000 feet from each other.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.