Top Local Stories
- Emergency fireworks bans may not be possible, state says
- 2 SPD officers under internal review over video comments on de-escalation training
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Lawmakers release $16B transportation plan with gas-tax hike
- Seattle mayor selects 3 sites for homeless encampments
- Ballard ‘Up’ house awaits relocation bids
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle’s Pride parade
Latest Local Stories
UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. (AP) — Thanks to the thousands of visitors who came to the U.S. Open, Tacoma will be able to replenish its supply of popular potting soil. The secret ingredient? Human waste. KOMO-TV reports (http://is.gd/rn3QKB) that the city of Tacoma has been making the plant mix, called TAGRO, since 1992. Workers treat human...
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Most Read Stories
After months of wrangling and last-minute talks, Mayor Ed Murray, Seattle Police Chief Kathleen O’Toole and the Community Police Commission agreed in principle Monday on long-delayed police-accountability legislation.
“Yes, I used to think Jake Heaps was a punchline... but after reading this, I feel sorry for him. I don't think he had a chance.”
Comment by Mr. Mytzlplk on Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Three men were injured and one was detained after a shooting at a fast-food restaurant Monday night.
Local News Photography
The former Sonic and his wife, Mari, raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for kids at a celebrity golf tournament and Detlef Schrempf Foundation gala.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sweeping pollution limits at the center of President Barack Obama's climate change plan are facing increased scrutiny in the wake of a Supreme Court ruling that showed that the justices aren't afraid to thwart perceived overreach by Obama or his Environmental Protection Agency. The high court's ruling undermined Obama administration regulations targeting...
Recent Video Stories
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Abortion providers cheered a move by the U.S. Supreme Court to temporarily block part of a Texas law that would have closed more than half the state's 19 remaining abortion clinics. Now they are studying whether it could also allow them to reopen some previously shuttered facilities and whether that would...
KALISPELL, Mont. — A Washington state man faces drug charges after he reportedly claimed two bags containing 12 pounds of marijuana from the Amtrak station in Whitefish. The Daily Inter Lake reports (http://bit.ly/1g2ojK5 ) 21-year-old Marquise J. Constantino of Tacoma pleaded not guilty Thursday to felony drug possession with intent to distribute. Charging documents say...
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.