Top Local Stories
- Uber, Lyft, Sidecar may soon be able to pick you up at Sea-Tac
- Mayor’s medical-pot plan: License the ‘good actors,’ crack down on violators
- State auditor paid lawyers with stolen funds, prosecutors claim
- Hutch opens cancer research center — 9,000 miles away
- Deputy fatally shoots man near Monroe
- Family of Fife man killed by police sniper files lawsuit
- Naval doc must use chaperones after alleged sexual misconduct
- Olympia officer who shot 2 brothers interviewed by investigators
Latest Local Stories
SEATTLE — A hospital spokeswoman says one of two boys injured in an explosion outside a home in Enumclaw had his second surgery Wednesday. Susan Gregg of Harborview Medical Center in Seattle says 10-year-old Beau Ward is in critical but stable condition in the intensive care unit. A fire official says two boys apparently were...
- Department of Justice to help Pasco PD following fatal shooting
- Prosecutor: Monfort ‘not normal’ but not insane
- Seattle’s natural medicine university hires new president
- Police: Greenwood pizza shop employee serves up purse-snatcher
- Burgess, Godden struggle for support from legislative-district groups
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.
Democratic state legislative-district groups made their endorsements in Seattle City Council races, and some incumbents are struggling for backing.
Local News Photography
Bastyr University, Seattle's natural medicine school, has hired a new president.
Closing arguments are under way in the aggravated murder trial of Christopher Monfort, who is accused of gunning down Seattle police Officer Timothy Brenton in 2009.
Former Rep. Steve LaTourette of Ohio, gravely ill with pancreatic cancer, has filed a claim against the government over the treatment he received from his Capitol doctors.
Recent Video Stories
The Port of Longview says it is negotiating with an energy company on a proposal for a new crude oil refinery on the Columbia River.