Top Local Stories
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer
- Longtime Seattle merchants deal with relocation, relocation, relocation
- Settlement reached in I-405 truck crash that killed woman calling for help
- Portland struggles with gang violence: 13 shootings in 2 weeks
- Woman convicted of killing 2 in DUI crash accused of drinking again
- Ex-treasurer sentenced to 60 days for theft from Seattle Indian Services
- Three remain hospitalized after Grant County dam explosion
- Load of manure spilled in train crash southeast of Yakima
Latest Local Stories
A tractor-trailer hit a guardrail Tuesday morning and hung over the roadway’s edge. WSDOT was predicting “pretty gnarly congestion.”
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
Local News Photography
At daylong conference in Everett this weekend, participants discussed how best to improve and increase parents' role in schools.
Recent Video Stories
Now you see it, now you don't. A new type of heart stent that works like dissolving stitches, slowly going away after it has done its job, passed its first major test in a large study, doctors said Monday. Abbott Vascular's dissolving Absorb stent performed as well as a conventional stent in the one-year study,...
Oregon officials estimate that marijuana stores sold more than $11 million of pot during the state's first week of legal recreational sales. In Washington state, sales during the first month hit $2 million.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.