Hot, dry weather is posing a heightened fire risk on both sides of the Cascades as Independence Day weekend approaches.
- 1 killed in Central District shooting
- Railroad whistle-blower awarded $1.25M
- State budget deal includes tax increase for Microsoft
- Bank robber back at it right after prison release, charges say
- Seattle fire crews scramble to apartment fire in Queen Anne
- Fire on Beacon Hill destroys one home, damages another
- Small businesses hail ruling that protects association health plans
Top Local Stories
The unusually warm temperatures could be perfect conditions for toxic algae to grow in area lakes.
A Clallam County woman has died from pneumonia caused by measles, health officials said Thursday. The last confirmed measles death in the United States was in 2003.
Latest Local Stories
India’s first theatrical improv company, Improv Comedy Mumbai, is performing in Seattle this week as guests of local company Unexpected Productions.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
Most Read Stories
Permanent schedule change for Amtrak Cascades train starting July 11; train will leave at 6.05 p.m. instead of 5.30 p.m.
People who like to buy Washington lottery tickets in advance of upcoming drawings will be out of luck for the near future.
“ I love going to Cuba but I know that as soon as they allow American investment and American tourism the culture of Cuba will be no more. ”
Comment by ThomasPaine on Obama: US embassy in Havana marks ‘new chapter’ in Cuba ties
Fresh from prison, convicted bank robber Logan Dancer has managed to elude capture for three weeks. He’s accused of tying up and robbing employees at a Redmond computer store, then four days later, robbing the same Seattle bank he robbed twice before.
Local News Photography
Recent Video Stories
The ruling came in a case in which the Office of the Insurance Commissioner had rejected plans of three trusts over price issues. Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler said he will not appeal the ruling.
When recreational marijuana possession became legal Wednesday in Oregon, Vancouver pot shops reaped the benefits, as Oregonians flocked across the border to get their fix.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.