Top Local Stories
- Road-flare clue could lead to I-5 arson suspects
- Budget bill’s done, but Legislature still isn’t
- City to audit real-estate-development incentive program
- Education budget: Will it be enough to appease court?
- Judge blasts plan to expand authority of SPD review board
- Wenatchee firefighters wary of July Fourth fireworks
- Girl Scouts refuse $100,000 anti-transgender donation
- Schools chief Dorn says state budget unconstitutional
Latest Local Stories
AUBURN — Fire officials say a 12-year-old boy has been taken to a Seattle hospital after being burned by fireworks near an Auburn fireworks stand. Kimberly Terhune of the Valley Regional Fire Authority says the boy was transported Tuesday night to Harborview Medical Center with second degree burns to about 25 percent of his body....
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers
Most Read Stories
Gov. Jay Inslee Tuesday night signed the state’s 2015-17 operating budget, narrowly avoiding a government shutdown. But lawmakers Wednesday morning failed to approve a crucial bill needed to make the budget work.
The Washington State Patrol is looking for two men in connection with 10 fires set along Interstate 5 near Marysville on Tuesday.
Local News Photography
The former Sonic and his wife, Mari, raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for kids at a celebrity golf tournament and Detlef Schrempf Foundation gala.
BERLIN (AP) — The United Nations says it is concerned about the state of the Great Barrier Reef and is urging greater efforts to conserve one of the most world's spectacular natural sites. The decision Wednesday in Bonn, Germany, puts pressure on Australia to prevent further destruction of the 2,300-kilometer (1,430-mile) reef off the Queensland...
Recent Video Stories
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a hotly contested California bill to impose one of the strictest school vaccination laws in the country in the wake of an outbreak of measles at Disneyland late last year. The following is a look at what the new law signed Tuesday means for the nation's...
KALISPELL, Mont. — A Washington state man faces drug charges after he reportedly claimed two bags containing 12 pounds of marijuana from the Amtrak station in Whitefish. The Daily Inter Lake reports (http://bit.ly/1g2ojK5 ) 21-year-old Marquise J. Constantino of Tacoma pleaded not guilty Thursday to felony drug possession with intent to distribute. Charging documents say...
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.