Local Top Stories
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
- Fetal-tissue uproar affects ‘under-the-radar’ UW lab
- City Council candidates take a bold versus cautious approach on policies
- Salmon festival packed to the gills
- Liberia’s president visits Seattle with thanks, warnings on Ebola
- Okanogan County: Some complaints, compliments in after-fire review
- Heirs of Eyman donor have ‘great concern’ about use of funds
- Pasco Police: Teen shot while trying to steal pot plants
Latest Local Stories
The player was injured Friday night during the fourth quarter of a game at Highline Memorial Field.
Many of the competitive Seattle City Council races this year can be viewed as encounters between two types of liberals with different approaches and priorities.
A woman previously convicted of attacking people with a nunchuck is in jail for allegedly chasing a fellow Metro bus passenger with a sheathed sword.
Local News Photography
As aerospace booms, Everett Community College is undertaking a $2.5 million expansion of its advanced manufacturing training program, which prepares people for jobs at Boeing and other manufacturers.
Recent Video Stories
The Birth Defects Research Laboratory at the University of Washington has for decades been a source of donated fetal tissue important to medical research, but the lab reports donations have fallen dramatically since the Planned Parenthood video controversy began in July.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.