Local Top Stories
- Seattle wants to limit drawbridge openings to ease traffic on roads
- Families can cash out of GET, state’s college-tuition plan
- Injured firefighter’s mom: Keep well-wishes coming
- Hundreds of kids tested after infection scare
- Outdated info, pilot’s long hours cited in KOMO copter crash
- Golf-club arrest: Chief faces heat whether cop fired or not
- SPD releases video of suspects in attack on tourists
- Wait-and-see approach taken in report on pot
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
Latest Local Stories
BN Builders and MacDonald-Miller have been sited for “serious” violations after two workers were burned in an explosion in June.
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
The Eugene-Springfield area has seen a spike in violent crime over the past three months, including three deaths since Friday.
Local News Photography
The mobile-home trap
Recent Video Stories
It’s still too early to draw conclusions about the impacts of Washington’s legal weed, according to a state-funded cost-benefit analysis of our pioneering pot law.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.