Seattle Mayor Ed Murray wanted the Woodland Park Zoo’s two elephants to go to a sanctuary. But he says he can’t stop the zoo from sending them to a zoo in Oklahoma.
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state’s payday-lending law
- WSU study: Emotional pitch to vaccine skeptics may backfire
- Casa Latina to screen workers after laborer is accused of rape
- Highline won’t stagger school schedules just yet
- Boost in minimum wage to $12 wins backing in state House
- ‘Abundant March sunshine’ likely to keep Seattle dry into next week
- USS Ranger leaving Puget Sound for Texas scrap yard
“Washington has the nation's best protection against predatory lending. We should hold it up as a model rather than allowing it to be watered down.”
Comment by Sea68 on Moneytree leads push to loosen state’s payday-lending law
Michael Stanley, a 49-year-old U.S. citizen, was charged Monday with first-degree burglary with sexual motivation and second-degree rape in connection with an attack on a 69-year-old woman for whom he had done landscaping work last year.