The Washington State Department of Transportation has decided to keep the viaduct open to traffic during the delicate operation, which might take place as soon as Monday.
- Chambers Bay neighbors hope to cash in on U.S. Open
- Record year for applications to state’s universities
- Jurors resume deliberations in slaying of Molly Conley
- Carnation family’s killer expected to testify in trial’s penalty phase
- Shoreline Community College to offer full-ride scholarships
- Most state schools opt out of survey questions about sex
- Police response shuts down northbound lanes of I-5 near Tukwila
Latest Local Stories
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and earnest ardor for the place we call home.
“We've a number of outstanding community colleges in our area... would love to see more and more students take advantage of what these institutions have to offer.”
Comment by OffTheFarm on Shoreline Community College to offer full-ride scholarships
Local News Photo Galleries
A new federal report analyzes the true cost of going to college.