Top Local Stories
- Measles vaccinations jump after scare, public dialogue
- Gun in MPHS shooting was sold despite background check, court order
- Minimum-wage law takes effect, but agency in charge isn’t fully staffed
- Police search Port Orchard home, car in probe of Bremerton slayings
- Seattle gridlock: We’re No. 5
- Testimony in sentencing of McEnroe delayed
- Despite the drear, King County growing at a Floridian pace
Latest Local Stories
State water managers are looking to lease water from farmers to keep streams from running dry in the upper Yakima River Basin.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and earnest ardor for the place we call home.
“Soon, most Seattle restaurants are going to have a "I voted for Kshama Sawant and I am paying for it" surcharge. Seattle voters deserve it.”
Comment by forgiven scholar on Seattle workers, restaurants get ready for ‘new world’ of wages
Local News Photo Galleries
ATLANTA (AP) — Eleven former Atlanta public school educators were convicted Wednesday of racketeering for their role in a wide-ranging conspiracy to inflate scores on students' standardized tests. Only one teacher was acquitted of all charges. The 11 convicted represented teachers, testing coordinators and other administrators who were accused of participating in the conspiracy dating...