Local Top Stories
- Expect traffic delays when Obama is in Seattle Friday
- Pump gas in Seattle, get warning you’re harming the Earth?
- Suspects offer no motive in killing of Everett teen
- Gatherings to remember 17-year-old football player set for Friday, Saturday
- Traffic on westbound I-90 will face detours this weekend
- Washington man charged after allegedly keeping girl as Internet sex slave
- Man dies after early morning shooting in Sodo
- A colorful sunrise
Latest Local Stories
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
The Washington State Department of Transportation lawsuit alleges Seattle Tunnel Partnes “has failed to fulfill its obligations” under its $1.35 billion contract with the state.
WASHINGTON — Here’s how the state’s members of Congress voted on major issues in the week ending Oct. 9. House Benghazi committee The House on Oct. 7 voted, 240 for and 183 against, to stand by its Select Committee on Benghazi despite comments by Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy that the GOP has been using it...
A student at Seattle's Franklin High School has been charged with first-degree robbery.
Local News Photography
Recent Video Stories
Under new state rules, legal pot businesses who test for pesticides not approved by the state will get an “enhanced seal of approval” that provides consumers with an assurance of safety.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.