A months-long undercover operation ended Monday with the arrests of the Orion Motel’s managers, who are accused of providing cover to pimps and drug dealers who rent rooms there.
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Nathan Hale High reverses decision to boycott state test
- Capital-gains tax in, Inslee’s carbon tax out in Dems’ budget plan
- Premera negligent in data breach, 5 lawsuits claim
- Des Moines landslide endangers 3 houses
- Zoo fires back, says elephant transfer is legal
- Sheriff’s deputy in steroids case allowed to remain on force
Top Local Stories
Latest Local Stories
The suspect in a fatal shooting in SeaTac Thursday has been arrested following an eight-hour standoff in a small town in Central California. A SWAT team and a robot were used to gain access to a building in which suspect Robert Lee Studer was holed up about 9 p.m., according to the Taft Midway Driller...
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and earnest ardor for the place we call home.
Local News Photo Galleries
Local News Video
Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed a "friend of the court" brief in support of Colorado in the lawsuit neighboring states filed over its marijuana law.