Top Local Stories
- Independent money pours into Seattle City Council races
- Monfort, sentenced to life, says: ‘I killed a good man’
- Sammamish woman pleads guilty in deaths of husband, son-in-law
- Seattle’s scorching summer sizzles on: June red-hot, and July does it again
- ‘Blob’ may warm Puget Sound waters, hurt marine life
- Steve Gordon, basketball promoter who claimed ties to Steve Ballmer, gets 4 years for fraud
- Commuter train hits vehicle in Puyallup, kills 1 woman
- Nonprofit chosen to relocate ‘Up’ house
Latest Local Stories
A man who was convicted last week of executing three men and leaving their bodies at a plant nursery near Kent in 2010 will face 75 to 95 years at his sentencing.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
“I've hunted for food, dressed out in the field, and raised livestock I butchered. This horrific pasttime of "trophy" killing is barbaric.”
Comment by cleogrrl on Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who allegedly killed treasured lion
Local News Photography
The babies who learned the sounds of a foreign language best were the ones who were better at looking back and forth between Spanish-speaking tutors and the toys the tutors described.
Recent Video Stories
An Oregon television anchor has turned into a marijuana activist after being fired for testing positive for the drug.
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and passion for the place we call home.