Top Local Stories
- Amid outbreaks, measles shots surge 27 percent in state
- Gun in Marysville school shooting was sold despite check, court order
- Officers talk to man wounded in mobile home park killings
- As Seattle wage law takes effect, city’s watchdog not up to speed
- Seattle gridlock: We're No. 5
- Bellevue firefighters discover homicide during fire call
- Federal Way Public Schools selects new superintendent
Latest Local Stories
A woman was found dead in a Bellevue apartment unit that officials suspect had been intentionally set on fire Tuesday evening, police said. Firefighters responded to reports of a sprinkler activation on the sixth floor of the Avalon Meydenbauer apartments, in the 10400 block of Northeast Second Street, around 7 p.m. Tuesday and discovered the body...
The Seattle Times’ local news columnists take a unique look at issues affecting our region as well as the people behind them. Their columns offer a mix of humor, humanity and earnest ardor for the place we call home.
“I just took a moment from watching the universe expand to see how the tunnel is coming along...”
Comment by Bonejocker on Bertha’s damaged cutter head emerges from pit
Local News Photo Galleries
The Federal Way Public Schools Board of Directors voted Tuesday to select Tammy Campbell as the school district's new superintendent.