U.S. and Libyan investigators still aren't working together three weeks after the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.
U.S. and Libyan investigators still aren’t working together three weeks after the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi.
State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland says the U.S. wants maximum transparency, collaboration and cooperation. She says the U.S. and Libya are partnering well politically, but there now has to be cooperation at the investigative level.
The attack that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans has become an issue in President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign. Foreign policy had been perceived as one of Obama’s strengths.
Speaking to Arabic daily al-Hayat, Libyan President Mohammed el-Megarif said Tuesday the FBI can participate in Libya’s investigation. He suggested the slowness of the process wasn’t only Libya’s fault. The FBI says its agents in Libya can’t reach Benghazi because it’s dangerous.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say