Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she isn't running for president in 2016.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she isn’t running for president in 2016.
She says to interviewers, “You can ask this a lot of different ways. The key is, I am not running for president.”
Warren, whose name has been mentioned in building Democratic speculation, said she wants to fight for the consumer issues she champions.
She acknowledges to “CBS This Morning” she was disappointed that President Barack Obama didn’t select her to head a new consumer protection agency.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
But Warren also says it “was never about a political future for me.”
Warren says the playing field has to be leveled between the well-to-do and the struggling in America, adding that “we have to make changes right now.” She said the economic system currently doesn’t work very well for ordinary people.