Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she isn't running for president in 2016.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she isn’t running for president in 2016.
She says to interviewers, “You can ask this a lot of different ways. The key is, I am not running for president.”
Warren, whose name has been mentioned in building Democratic speculation, said she wants to fight for the consumer issues she champions.
She acknowledges to “CBS This Morning” she was disappointed that President Barack Obama didn’t select her to head a new consumer protection agency.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
But Warren also says it “was never about a political future for me.”
Warren says the playing field has to be leveled between the well-to-do and the struggling in America, adding that “we have to make changes right now.” She said the economic system currently doesn’t work very well for ordinary people.