Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she isn't running for president in 2016.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren is insisting she isn’t running for president in 2016.
She says to interviewers, “You can ask this a lot of different ways. The key is, I am not running for president.”
Warren, whose name has been mentioned in building Democratic speculation, said she wants to fight for the consumer issues she champions.
She acknowledges to “CBS This Morning” she was disappointed that President Barack Obama didn’t select her to head a new consumer protection agency.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
Most Read Stories
But Warren also says it “was never about a political future for me.”
Warren says the playing field has to be leveled between the well-to-do and the struggling in America, adding that “we have to make changes right now.” She said the economic system currently doesn’t work very well for ordinary people.