In his first public comments since his Election Day defeat, Mitt Romney is criticizing President Barack Obama for "berating Republicans" instead of leading.
In his first public comments since his Election Day defeat, Mitt Romney is criticizing President Barack Obama for “berating Republicans” instead of leading.
The former Republican presidential nominee tells Fox News that Washington’s latest budget battle wasn’t “a success” for the president.
Obama rallied against a series of deep federal spending cuts but couldn’t convince Congress to adopt an alternative. The cuts begin to take effect Friday.
In an interview scheduled to air Friday evening, Romney says Obama has been, quote, “berating Republicans and blaming and pointing.” The former Massachusetts governor calls on the president to instead, quote, “lead the nation and to bring Republicans and Democrats together.”
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
Romney says it’s a job only Obama can do.
Romney has been living in seclusion in California since November.