Mitt Romney's campaign is finalizing plans for a multistate bus tour to begin late next week.
Mitt Romney’s campaign is finalizing plans for a multistate bus tour to begin late next week.
The Republican presidential candidate is expected to visit Virginia, North Carolina and Florida, although the schedule may change in the coming days. Romney returned from a bumpy overseas trip late Tuesday. He was spending Wednesday in meetings at his Boston campaign headquarters.
Romney is scheduled to campaign in the Denver area on Thursday. Aides report that he’ll attend a Republican Governors Association fundraiser in Aspen later that night. A handful of governors often mentioned as possible Romney running mates are scheduled to attend.
Next week’s bus tour could be part of the rollout for a running mate. Republican officials are expecting that announcement any day.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Redmond shoplifting spree goes awry when thief hits wife with truck, charges say