Mitt Romney's campaign is finalizing plans for a multistate bus tour to begin late next week.
Mitt Romney’s campaign is finalizing plans for a multistate bus tour to begin late next week.
The Republican presidential candidate is expected to visit Virginia, North Carolina and Florida, although the schedule may change in the coming days. Romney returned from a bumpy overseas trip late Tuesday. He was spending Wednesday in meetings at his Boston campaign headquarters.
Romney is scheduled to campaign in the Denver area on Thursday. Aides report that he’ll attend a Republican Governors Association fundraiser in Aspen later that night. A handful of governors often mentioned as possible Romney running mates are scheduled to attend.
Next week’s bus tour could be part of the rollout for a running mate. Republican officials are expecting that announcement any day.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney