Mitt Romney's campaign is finalizing plans for a multistate bus tour to begin late next week.
Mitt Romney’s campaign is finalizing plans for a multistate bus tour to begin late next week.
The Republican presidential candidate is expected to visit Virginia, North Carolina and Florida, although the schedule may change in the coming days. Romney returned from a bumpy overseas trip late Tuesday. He was spending Wednesday in meetings at his Boston campaign headquarters.
Romney is scheduled to campaign in the Denver area on Thursday. Aides report that he’ll attend a Republican Governors Association fundraiser in Aspen later that night. A handful of governors often mentioned as possible Romney running mates are scheduled to attend.
Next week’s bus tour could be part of the rollout for a running mate. Republican officials are expecting that announcement any day.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space