States covered in whole by the Voting Rights Act's prior-approval requirement for changes in the way elections are held:
States covered in whole by the Voting Rights Act’s prior-approval requirement for changes in the way elections are held:
- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia (except a handful of Virginia counties and local governments that have been excluded with court approval).
States in which some counties and local jurisdictions are covered:
- California, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire (all 10 towns covered are awaiting court approval to exit the program), New York, North Carolina, South Dakota.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer