States covered in whole by the Voting Rights Act's prior-approval requirement for changes in the way elections are held:
States covered in whole by the Voting Rights Act’s prior-approval requirement for changes in the way elections are held:
- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia (except a handful of Virginia counties and local governments that have been excluded with court approval).
States in which some counties and local jurisdictions are covered:
- California, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire (all 10 towns covered are awaiting court approval to exit the program), New York, North Carolina, South Dakota.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges
- Five Seahawks players to watch during OTAs