States covered in whole by the Voting Rights Act's prior-approval requirement for changes in the way elections are held:
States covered in whole by the Voting Rights Act’s prior-approval requirement for changes in the way elections are held:
- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia (except a handful of Virginia counties and local governments that have been excluded with court approval).
States in which some counties and local jurisdictions are covered:
- California, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire (all 10 towns covered are awaiting court approval to exit the program), New York, North Carolina, South Dakota.
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Grading the game: Seattle Seahawks’ offense earns perfect mark against Pittsburgh Steelers