Watch out, Bo - there's a new dog in town.
Watch out, Bo – there’s a new dog in town.
The White House says the Obamas have added a second dog to the first family. Her name is Sunny, and she’s a Portuguese Water Dog – the same breed as the Obamas’ other dog, Bo. The White House says that breed works well for the Obamas because of family allergies.
Sunny was born a year ago in June in Michigan and arrived at the White House Monday.
She’s expected to join Bo for evening walks and the occasional Oval Office huddle with the president.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
- Tenants of run-down building: Owner said pay more or get out
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Woman held on $1 million bail in death of West Seattle toddler
Most Read Stories
The White House says the Obamas will donate in Sunny’s honor to the Washington Humane Society.
The Obamas adopted their first White House dog in April 2009, fulfilling a campaign promise to daughters Sasha and Malia.