A super political action committee supporting President Barack Obama is running the first television advertisement using Republican Mitt Romney's words from a closed-door fundraiser.
A super political action committee supporting President Barack Obama is running the first television advertisement using Republican Mitt Romney’s words from a closed-door fundraiser.
The ad from Priorities USA Action shows clips of Romney telling wealthy donors that 47 percent of Americans “believe that they are victims.” Romney goes on to say he’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility.
The ad closes with a narrator saying Romney will never convince middle-class voters he’s on their side.
The liberal magazine Mother Jones published the Romney video clips Monday.
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
The ad is part of a $30 million project by Priorities that focuses on how it believes Romney’s proposals would hurt the middle class. The ad will run in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin.