President Barack Obama is promising U.S. forces in Afghanistan that America's longest war will come to a close at the end of the year.
President Barack Obama is promising U.S. forces in Afghanistan that America’s longest war will come to a close at the end of the year.
The president made a surprise visit Sunday to Bagram Air Field to celebrate the Memorial Day holiday weekend with troops.
He says the war is at a pivotal moment, with Afghan forces taking over primary responsibility for the security of their country.
Obama says the U.S. combat mission will end at year’s end and the war will come to a responsible conclusion.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
Most Read Stories
Obama heads back home later Sunday, stopping in Germany to visit hospitalized troops at Ramstein Air Base