President Barack Obama is promising U.S. forces in Afghanistan that America's longest war will come to a close at the end of the year.
President Barack Obama is promising U.S. forces in Afghanistan that America’s longest war will come to a close at the end of the year.
The president made a surprise visit Sunday to Bagram Air Field to celebrate the Memorial Day holiday weekend with troops.
He says the war is at a pivotal moment, with Afghan forces taking over primary responsibility for the security of their country.
Obama says the U.S. combat mission will end at year’s end and the war will come to a responsible conclusion.
- Fans still reeling from Super Bowl ticket nightmare
- Rental-car drivers dinged by toll charges
- Marshawn Lynch talks about final play of Super Bowl — from Turkey
- Socialist Kshama Sawant: Action-now approach gains influence
- Past time to clean up downtown Seattle disorder
Most Read Stories
Obama heads back home later Sunday, stopping in Germany to visit hospitalized troops at Ramstein Air Base