Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday's hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday’s hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
The Washington Post posted a picture taken during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing and reported that it shows the Arizona Republican playing poker on his phone. Only his hands and iPhone were visible.
Shortly afterward, McCain came clean in a sarcastic tweet posted on his Twitter account that began with the word, “Scandal!”
McCain wrote that he’d been caught playing on his phone during a hearing that, he quickly pointed out, exceeded three hours.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
The senator added, “Worst of all, I lost!”