Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday's hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday’s hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
The Washington Post posted a picture taken during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing and reported that it shows the Arizona Republican playing poker on his phone. Only his hands and iPhone were visible.
Shortly afterward, McCain came clean in a sarcastic tweet posted on his Twitter account that began with the word, “Scandal!”
McCain wrote that he’d been caught playing on his phone during a hearing that, he quickly pointed out, exceeded three hours.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
The senator added, “Worst of all, I lost!”