Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday's hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday’s hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
The Washington Post posted a picture taken during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing and reported that it shows the Arizona Republican playing poker on his phone. Only his hands and iPhone were visible.
Shortly afterward, McCain came clean in a sarcastic tweet posted on his Twitter account that began with the word, “Scandal!”
McCain wrote that he’d been caught playing on his phone during a hearing that, he quickly pointed out, exceeded three hours.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
Most Read Stories
The senator added, “Worst of all, I lost!”