Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday's hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
Sometimes senators need a diversion from even the weightiest of topics. For Sen. John McCain during Tuesday’s hearing on Syria, it was a game on his iPhone.
The Washington Post posted a picture taken during the Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing and reported that it shows the Arizona Republican playing poker on his phone. Only his hands and iPhone were visible.
Shortly afterward, McCain came clean in a sarcastic tweet posted on his Twitter account that began with the word, “Scandal!”
McCain wrote that he’d been caught playing on his phone during a hearing that, he quickly pointed out, exceeded three hours.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
The senator added, “Worst of all, I lost!”