Sen. John Kerry says U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice "an extraordinarily capable and dedicated public servant."
Sen. John Kerry says U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice “an extraordinarily capable and dedicated public servant.”
The Massachusetts Democrat, now a front-runner for secretary of state after Rice bowed out on Thursday, issued a statement praising Rice and insisting that her decision doesn’t change that. He noted that she’ll continue serving in the Obama administration.
Kerry said he’s all too familiar with political attacks and said he’s felt for Rice these past few weeks.
He said he knows Rice will continue to serve with passion and distinction.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
In the 2004 presidential race, Kerry was the subject of unsubstantiated claims by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. The group challenged his decorated Vietnam War record.