Attorney General Eric Holder will travel Friday to Newtown, Conn., the site of last week's elementary school shooting.
Attorney General Eric Holder will travel Friday to Newtown, Conn., the site of last week’s elementary school shooting.
A Justice Department official says Holder will head to Newtown after meeting with Vice President Joe Biden, who is tasked with leading an administration-wide effort to create new proposals for reducing gun violence. In Newtown, Holder will meet with first responders and law enforcement officials.
The official requested anonymity because Holder’s visit to Newtown had not been publicly announced. He will not be participating in any public events during the visit.
Gunman Adam Lanza burst into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown last Friday, killing 20 children and six adults before committing suicide.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done