Attorney General Eric Holder will travel Friday to Newtown, Conn., the site of last week's elementary school shooting.
Attorney General Eric Holder will travel Friday to Newtown, Conn., the site of last week’s elementary school shooting.
A Justice Department official says Holder will head to Newtown after meeting with Vice President Joe Biden, who is tasked with leading an administration-wide effort to create new proposals for reducing gun violence. In Newtown, Holder will meet with first responders and law enforcement officials.
The official requested anonymity because Holder’s visit to Newtown had not been publicly announced. He will not be participating in any public events during the visit.
Gunman Adam Lanza burst into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown last Friday, killing 20 children and six adults before committing suicide.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska