Attorney General Eric Holder will travel Friday to Newtown, Conn., the site of last week's elementary school shooting.
Attorney General Eric Holder will travel Friday to Newtown, Conn., the site of last week’s elementary school shooting.
A Justice Department official says Holder will head to Newtown after meeting with Vice President Joe Biden, who is tasked with leading an administration-wide effort to create new proposals for reducing gun violence. In Newtown, Holder will meet with first responders and law enforcement officials.
The official requested anonymity because Holder’s visit to Newtown had not been publicly announced. He will not be participating in any public events during the visit.
Gunman Adam Lanza burst into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown last Friday, killing 20 children and six adults before committing suicide.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles