State officials said Friday there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
HONOLULU — State officials said Friday there’s no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Chiyome Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.
Fukino said no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama’s certificate be handled differently.
Fukino said state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest. Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the United States.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Amazon as an adult: Two decades of online shopping
Most Read Stories
Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama’s citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia dismissed similar suits recently.