State officials said Friday there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
HONOLULU — State officials said Friday there’s no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii.
Health Department Director Chiyome Fukino said she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.
Fukino said no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama’s certificate be handled differently.
Fukino said state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest. Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the United States.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident
- B-boys to Balkan, the Northwest Folklife Festival is under way
- Jon Ryan going for title of NFL's most 'Ninja'-like punter
Most Read Stories
Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama’s citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia dismissed similar suits recently.