Republican Sen. John McCain says he will block Gen. Martin Dempsey's nomination for a second term as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Republican Sen. John McCain says he will block Gen. Martin Dempsey’s nomination for a second term as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
McCain told reporters Thursday he was frustrated with Dempsey’s response toward the end of his confirmation hearing when he pressed the general about his personal opinion on Syria. He is seeking additional answers.
The Arizona lawmaker said he would put a hold – essentially block – the nomination from moving forward in the Senate.
McCain made the comments after the hours-long hearing.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft