When tourists ask for the bathroom in the Minneapolis airport lately, it's usually not because they have to go. It's because they want to...
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — When tourists ask for the bathroom in the Minneapolis airport lately, it’s usually not because they have to go.
It’s because they want to see the stall made famous by U.S. Sen. Larry Craig’s arrest in a sex sting.
“It’s become a tourist attraction,” said Karen Evans, information specialist at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. “People are taking pictures.”
Craig was arrested June 11 by a Minneapolis airport police officer. The Idaho Republican pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Craig has since said his guilty plea was a mistake. His request to withdraw the guilty plea will be heard Sept. 26, four days before he has said he will step down from his Senate seat.
Just 15 minutes into her shift Friday, Evans said she had been asked directions to the new tourist attraction four times.
“It’s by the Lottery shop, right next to the shoeshine shop,” said newsstand worker Abdalla Said, adding he gets the question daily.
The Royal Zino Shoeshine shop owner’s grandson, Royal Zino, said it has been hectic.
“People have been going inside, taking pictures of the stall, taking pictures outside the bathroom door — man, it’s been crazy,” he said.
On their way to Guatemala, Jon and Sally Westby of Minneapolis made a visit.
“We had to just stop and check out the bathroom,” Sally said. “In fact, it’s Jon’s second time — he was here last week already.”