A Republican member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is predicting the U.S. will soon be "arming the rebels" seeking to overthrow Syria's Bashar Assad.
A Republican member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is predicting the U.S. will soon be “arming the rebels” seeking to overthrow Syria’s Bashar Assad.
Tennessee’s Bob Corker says “it’s time for to begin changing” the balance of power in the 2-year-old civil war.
The Obama administration said last week it was rethinking its opposition to arming the rebels.
Corker and Sen. Saxby Chambliss, a Georgia Republican, joined President Barack Obama and Democratic Sen. Mark Udall for golf Monday. Corker tells “CBS This Morning” political issues were discussed but said the partners agreed not to publicly reveal the conversation.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
Corker did say that Washington wants to exercise caution about which opposition groups to support, saying it doesn’t want to line up with the more radical elements fighting against Assad.