The son of Democratic congressman Jim Moran of Virginia has resigned from his father's campaign after an undercover video shows him discussing a plan to cast fraudulent ballots.
The son of Democratic congressman Jim Moran of Virginia has resigned from his father’s campaign after an undercover video shows him discussing a plan to cast fraudulent ballots.
Patrick Moran had been a field director for his father’s campaign. He said Wednesday he didn’t take the man seriously and humored him, adding that he should have walked away.
An organization led by activist James O’Keefe, Project Veritas, released a video showing an undercover operative pitching a voter-fraud plan to Patrick Moran. The plan called for casting ballots in the names of 100 voters who were registered but rarely voted.
In the video, Patrick Moran expresses doubts about the plan but eventually tells the undercover volunteer to “look into it.”
- Death of Evergreen senior, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Jim Moran’s campaign office calls the incident an error in judgment.