The son of Democratic congressman Jim Moran of Virginia has resigned from his father's campaign after an undercover video shows him discussing a plan to cast fraudulent ballots.
The son of Democratic congressman Jim Moran of Virginia has resigned from his father’s campaign after an undercover video shows him discussing a plan to cast fraudulent ballots.
Patrick Moran had been a field director for his father’s campaign. He said Wednesday he didn’t take the man seriously and humored him, adding that he should have walked away.
An organization led by activist James O’Keefe, Project Veritas, released a video showing an undercover operative pitching a voter-fraud plan to Patrick Moran. The plan called for casting ballots in the names of 100 voters who were registered but rarely voted.
In the video, Patrick Moran expresses doubts about the plan but eventually tells the undercover volunteer to “look into it.”
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Jim Moran’s campaign office calls the incident an error in judgment.