House Speaker John Boehner is criticizing President Barack Obama for negotiating with Russian President Vladimir Putin - but not with Congress.
House Speaker John Boehner is criticizing President Barack Obama for negotiating with Russian President Vladimir Putin – but not with Congress.
The budget battle is heating up between House Republicans and the White House.
Boehner told reporters Thursday that Obama was happy to bargain with Putin. He was citing the recent compromise between the U.S. and Russia to eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons.
But Boehner says Obama won’t engage with Congress over curbing the budget deficit.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
Obama spokesman Jay Carney joked that Boehner seemed to be suffering from “Putin envy.”
Boehner and other Republicans want to tie spending cuts to a bill renewing government authority to borrow money.
Obama is saying he won’t negotiate over extending that debt limit and Congress must let the government borrow money to pay federal debts.