House Speaker John Boehner is criticizing President Barack Obama for negotiating with Russian President Vladimir Putin - but not with Congress.
House Speaker John Boehner is criticizing President Barack Obama for negotiating with Russian President Vladimir Putin – but not with Congress.
The budget battle is heating up between House Republicans and the White House.
Boehner told reporters Thursday that Obama was happy to bargain with Putin. He was citing the recent compromise between the U.S. and Russia to eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons.
But Boehner says Obama won’t engage with Congress over curbing the budget deficit.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
Obama spokesman Jay Carney joked that Boehner seemed to be suffering from “Putin envy.”
Boehner and other Republicans want to tie spending cuts to a bill renewing government authority to borrow money.
Obama is saying he won’t negotiate over extending that debt limit and Congress must let the government borrow money to pay federal debts.