House Speaker John Boehner is criticizing President Barack Obama for negotiating with Russian President Vladimir Putin - but not with Congress.
House Speaker John Boehner is criticizing President Barack Obama for negotiating with Russian President Vladimir Putin – but not with Congress.
The budget battle is heating up between House Republicans and the White House.
Boehner told reporters Thursday that Obama was happy to bargain with Putin. He was citing the recent compromise between the U.S. and Russia to eliminate Syria’s chemical weapons.
But Boehner says Obama won’t engage with Congress over curbing the budget deficit.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
Obama spokesman Jay Carney joked that Boehner seemed to be suffering from “Putin envy.”
Boehner and other Republicans want to tie spending cuts to a bill renewing government authority to borrow money.
Obama is saying he won’t negotiate over extending that debt limit and Congress must let the government borrow money to pay federal debts.