House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) has invited President Barack Obama to deliver the State of the Union speech on Feb. 12.
House Speaker John Boehner (BAY’-nur) has invited President Barack Obama to deliver the State of the Union speech on Feb. 12.
In a letter sent Friday, Boehner says the country faces immense challenges and Americans expect the Congress and White House to work together on solutions. Boehner says cooperation will require, quote, a “willingness to seek common ground as well as presidential leadership.”
The White House says it has accepted the invitation.
The Ohio Republican says the president can present his plan and specific solutions at a joint session of Congress in the House chamber.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
Last year, Obama delivered the State of the Union speech on Jan. 24.