House Speaker John Boehner (BAY'-nur) has invited President Barack Obama to deliver the State of the Union speech on Feb. 12.
House Speaker John Boehner (BAY’-nur) has invited President Barack Obama to deliver the State of the Union speech on Feb. 12.
In a letter sent Friday, Boehner says the country faces immense challenges and Americans expect the Congress and White House to work together on solutions. Boehner says cooperation will require, quote, a “willingness to seek common ground as well as presidential leadership.”
The White House says it has accepted the invitation.
The Ohio Republican says the president can present his plan and specific solutions at a joint session of Congress in the House chamber.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
Last year, Obama delivered the State of the Union speech on Jan. 24.