written and photographed by Alan Berner "Iameweasyouareheasyouaremeandwearealltogether. "(apologies to Lennon & McCartney's 1967 "Magical...
“I am ewe as you are he as you are me and we are all together.”
(apologies to Lennon & McCartney’s 1967 “Magical Mystery Tour”)
Every year in Ketchum, Idaho, the local sheep are fetched from the high country and taken to the low country for a pre-winter feeding. A minister blesses the band as it passes through the center of town, and another “Trailing of the Sheep” is complete.
Always taking the same path has a certain orderly quality and continuity. But we humans are more complicated than sheep. We fret in the rut, strain against the same-old, same-old.
So why not step out of that line? Go somewhere you haven’t gone before, see something you’ve never seen, taste something you’ve never eaten. Take a different path to work. Volunteer. Breathe deeply . . .
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
“Goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob.”