written and photographed by Alan Berner "Iameweasyouareheasyouaremeandwearealltogether. "(apologies to Lennon & McCartney's 1967 "Magical...
“I am ewe as you are he as you are me and we are all together.”
(apologies to Lennon & McCartney’s 1967 “Magical Mystery Tour”)
Every year in Ketchum, Idaho, the local sheep are fetched from the high country and taken to the low country for a pre-winter feeding. A minister blesses the band as it passes through the center of town, and another “Trailing of the Sheep” is complete.
Always taking the same path has a certain orderly quality and continuity. But we humans are more complicated than sheep. We fret in the rut, strain against the same-old, same-old.
So why not step out of that line? Go somewhere you haven’t gone before, see something you’ve never seen, taste something you’ve never eaten. Take a different path to work. Volunteer. Breathe deeply . . .
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
Most Read Stories
“Goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob.”