Intrepid couples get hitched while scuba diving, kayaking or trekking in far-flung corners of the world. Or, like a couple in Thailand, they have a "flying wedding" and hang suspended high in the air from lines.
WHEN IT comes to tying the knot, some couples go for a destination wedding with a difference. Getting married on a tropical beach or at a fancy resort is definitely not for them.
Intrepid couples get hitched while scuba diving, kayaking or trekking in far-flung corners of the world. Or, like a couple in Thailand, they have a “flying wedding” and hang suspended high in the air from lines.
Swedish-Thai couple William Timhede and Napatsawan Timhede (above) reveled in their adventure-themed wedding in the Thai province of Prachinburi. Besides hanging in the air like human lovebirds, they fled through a stream chased by a mock pirate swinging a cutlass.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Seahawks waive 5 players, including former starting center Drew Nowak and former Husky Josh Shirley
Most Read Stories
Perhaps they rested on their honeymoon.
Kristin R. Jackson is The Seattle Times’ NWTraveler editor. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.