WHEN THE SUN is out, the Alaskan landscape shimmers with beauty. And at the Eaglecrest ski area high above Juneau, Alaska’s capital city, a skier takes a break to read and bask amid big views of mountains and inlets.
Eaglecrest isn’t exactly a destination ski resort, with just four double chairlifts. But you won’t have to fight big crowds, and it’s just a 20-minute drive from downtown Juneau.
So if you’re heading to Juneau in winter, why not add on some skiing or boarding? Maybe you’ll get lucky and get some sunshine, too.
Kristin R. Jackson is The Seattle Times’ NWTraveler editor.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis