WHEN THE SUN is out, the Alaskan landscape shimmers with beauty. And at the Eaglecrest ski area high above Juneau, Alaska’s capital city, a skier takes a break to read and bask amid big views of mountains and inlets.
Eaglecrest isn’t exactly a destination ski resort, with just four double chairlifts. But you won’t have to fight big crowds, and it’s just a 20-minute drive from downtown Juneau.
So if you’re heading to Juneau in winter, why not add on some skiing or boarding? Maybe you’ll get lucky and get some sunshine, too.
Kristin R. Jackson is The Seattle Times’ NWTraveler editor.
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- One flight missed, whole trip gets canceled. And no refund
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma