Simple suggestions for ways to move more, and better.
Here are some ways you can keep moving:
• Walk more. Turn life into movement, and set up walking dates with friends or family Park farther away. Take five-minute walking breaks during the day. Walk when you take phone calls.
• Stretch your feet. Walk barefoot as much as you can. Walk over uneven surfaces and textures, like rocks. Stretch out your toes. Roll a tennis ball under your foot. Transition to flat shoes with flexible soles.
• Check your alignment. Move your hips back over your heels when standing and walking.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Police investigate officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
• Create a dynamic workspace. Get a standing desk, or find a spot where you can stand while working.
• Sit on the floor. Go to the floor once or twice a day. Use cushions to support yourself and make it more comfortable.