Simple suggestions for ways to move more, and better.
Here are some ways you can keep moving:
• Walk more. Turn life into movement, and set up walking dates with friends or family Park farther away. Take five-minute walking breaks during the day. Walk when you take phone calls.
• Stretch your feet. Walk barefoot as much as you can. Walk over uneven surfaces and textures, like rocks. Stretch out your toes. Roll a tennis ball under your foot. Transition to flat shoes with flexible soles.
• Check your alignment. Move your hips back over your heels when standing and walking.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Lost Seattle-based crab-boat crew memorialized VIEW
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
• Create a dynamic workspace. Get a standing desk, or find a spot where you can stand while working.
• Sit on the floor. Go to the floor once or twice a day. Use cushions to support yourself and make it more comfortable.