HOLIDAY ENTERTAINING is upon us — as is the extra holiday spending. Brighten up your dining-room table while keeping some cash in your wallet with a hanging light fixture from the RE Store.
This Craftsman-style fixture was originally purchased from the lighting and home-furnishings store Rejuvenation, which still sells the piece for more than $1,000. In the midst of a remodel, some Queen Anne homeowners brought theirs to the RE Store because it no longer fit with their décor. The RE Store will sell the like-new piece for less than half of the original price, at $500.
The RE Store’s outreach and marketing manager, Bray Hayden, was happy to see the fixture brought to a place that could give it a new home, rather than send it to a landfill. The RE Store is a place not only to find salvaged goods, but also to bring your unwanted items to be recycled, she says.
This fixture has a variable height to suit your space, and its green-glass shades can be swapped out to match your color scheme. Use it to add ambience to your home for the holidays.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
Dimensions: 64 inches wide, adjustable height from 27 to 45 inches, shade height is 6 inches
The price: $500
Find it: The RE Store, 1440 N.W. 52nd St., in Seattle; online at www.re-store.org
Paige Collins is a Seattle Times news producer. Lindsey Wasson is a Times staff photographer.