His job as Seattle and King County’s chief epidemiologist puts him on the front lines of every scary germ and virus to hit the news.
- Make your sushi chef happy; ask for real wasabi instead of that fake stuff | Taste
- Brian Carter’s Washington wine story; it’s all about risk and reputation (a most excellent one) | The Grapevine
- Family’s prefab contemporary house is at home in the woods | Northwest Living
- Carnage at Aurora Avenue ‘safety island,’ in 1934 | Now & Then
- Skateboarding lessons: The secret is to lean in on the downhill | Fit for Life
- Historic and eclectic Ballard home gets a careful update | Northwest Living
- Spring flowers: Get a blast of color with no fussy arranging | The Natural Gardener
More Pacific NW:
“Trees are vital in creating livable cities,” says the winner of a big award for her lifelong commitment to tree planting and conservation.
Eat and sleep well, get aerobic exercise, do calming exercises and your balance will improve.
- Gage Academy makes classical art training cool again | PNW Magazine
- Seattle’s micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative | PNW Magazine
- From rust bucket to showpiece: Volunteers rescue first Boeing 747 | PNW Magazine
- Pioneer Square: Seattle’s original neighborhood is starting over | PNW Magazine
Fit for Life
- This Vashon Island garden is pretty to look at and really good for you | Northwest Living
- Bainbridge Island beach house is now light, bright | Northwest Living
- Despite tight budget, contemporary home came out great | Northwest Living
- Want to see an urban chalet? We got one right here | Northwest Living
- Daffodils are almost perfect, except for that slow, messy death | The Natural Gardener
- Here’s the spring flower report: rich colors, deep tones and more | The Natural Gardener
- Here’s what makes a Northwest garden magazine-worthy | The Natural Gardener
- Rewilding: Garden in harmony with nature | The Natural Gardener