What's new on Seattle's University Way.
You know how, in some neighborhoods, you see a latte stand or three on every block? Well, here on The Ave, it’s bubble-tea houses, sandwiched between vintage shops, boutiques and ethnic restaurants along this drag off the University of Washington campus.
Folks, you can’t find this many Asian bubble-tea houses in most Chinatowns in America.
The Ave, as this strip of University Way Northeast is nicknamed, also hosts dozens of cheap ethnic restaurants: Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Mexican, Korean, Indian, Greek, Trinidadian, even Brazilian food. And now a flood of frozen yogurt shops dots the street.
This week, we peek at The Ave between 47th and 50th streets.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers
Most Read Stories
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org