What's new on Seattle's University Way.
You know how, in some neighborhoods, you see a latte stand or three on every block? Well, here on The Ave, it’s bubble-tea houses, sandwiched between vintage shops, boutiques and ethnic restaurants along this drag off the University of Washington campus.
Folks, you can’t find this many Asian bubble-tea houses in most Chinatowns in America.
The Ave, as this strip of University Way Northeast is nicknamed, also hosts dozens of cheap ethnic restaurants: Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Mexican, Korean, Indian, Greek, Trinidadian, even Brazilian food. And now a flood of frozen yogurt shops dots the street.
This week, we peek at The Ave between 47th and 50th streets.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
Most Read Stories
Tan Vinh: 206-515-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org