Photographer: Prabhakaran Ramanathan, Renton
Photo taken: Sept. 14, Washington State Fair, Puyallup
Photographer’s description: “Captured this photo with Canon T2i with 18-55 mm Canon lens.”
Expert says: “This is a super-cool photo! I love the use of the slow shutter speed (10 seconds) and how the photographer was able to capture the bright, swirling colors but left some static objects, such as the stars, so we are grounded. Even though this was at the fair, it makes me think of a circus and fire twirlers — it’s very fun.”
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.