Photographer: Prabhakaran Ramanathan, Renton
Photo taken: Sept. 14, Washington State Fair, Puyallup
Photographer’s description: “Captured this photo with Canon T2i with 18-55 mm Canon lens.”
Expert says: “This is a super-cool photo! I love the use of the slow shutter speed (10 seconds) and how the photographer was able to capture the bright, swirling colors but left some static objects, such as the stars, so we are grounded. Even though this was at the fair, it makes me think of a circus and fire twirlers — it’s very fun.”
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
— Katie Greene, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.