Photographer: Nick Krantz, Tukwila
Photo taken: May 19, Alki Beach, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “I was photographing a bald eagle with my Canon Rebel T2i when the eagle took off due to harassment from these two gulls. In the background is the Bremerton ferry.”
Expert says: “This photo made me do a double take. Shouldn’t the bald eagle be chasing the gulls? I enjoy the moment of the gull squawking at the eagle and that added layer — so we’re not staring at a flat image — of the ferry in the background to give a sense of place. That ferry also makes my eye go in a circular motion around the frame. I might crop slightly from the bottom and sides to make that yelling gull a bit more prominent in the frame.”
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
– Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.