Photographer: Jerry Cahill, Tukwila
Photo taken: May 17, Blaine, Whatcom County
Photographer’s description: “I was on a weekend getaway. I shot this with a Nikon D610 and 300 mm lens.”
Expert says: “Majestic bird + perfect moment + clean background = one crazy-good shot. This really is the most perfect bald-eagle takeoff moment that a photographer can capture and it definitely wouldn’t be the same photo if the blue sky was instead a forest of tree limbs. Wonderful photograph!”
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
Most Read Stories
— Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos (and see an online gallery of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.